We’ve survived the ice, snow, and flu! So let’s talk about some good stuff in a January update.
Digital new year’s resolutions
This is a great time of year to start practicing better habits, and your online security is no exception. Here are a couple ideas:
- Review your passwords:
- Make sure that you are using strong passwords.
- Make sure you’re not reusing passwords.
- Change old passwords.
- Go through the applications on your computer. The following tips are from security researcher Brian Krebs:
- Don’t install anything that you didn’t go looking for.
- If you installed an application, make sure to keep it updated.
- If you don’t need an application anymore, uninstall it.
- Secure your wireless network:
- Don’t give your network a name that identifies who you are.
- Use a strong password.
- Use WPA encryption to secure your network.
We’d be happy to help you keep any of these resolutions!
New Youtube video
We’ve added a new security video on two factor authentication (or 2FA for short). Using 2FA really helps secure you online accounts, computers, and even your phone.
We’re now a member of the East Portland Chamber of Commerce
Gray Dog Digital is now a member of the East Portland Chamber of Commerce! We’re looking forward to branching out and serving more clients in East Portland.